Too cute!
and I love stovetop coffee:

Subscribe to my RSS Feed:

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Subscribe in NewsGator Online


Blog Directory

Blogroll:

Blogroll Me!

 

 

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Caffeine & Weight Loss

Here's me thinking all this extra coffee might increase my metabolism! Bugger! Oh well, it won't stop me indulging in my morning espresso.

From Sugar - Aspartame and Saccharin - Symptoms & Awareness: "CAFFEINE AND WEIGHT LOSS"
Caffeine, which is found in coffee, tea, and soda, is a stimulant. It stimulates the adrenal glands to produce epinephrine.
Epinephrine, in turn, stimulates the pancreas to secrete insulin, thus lowering the blood sugar level.
This, in turn, over stimulates the pancreas & the elevated insulin levels will not maximize fat burning, because insulin inhibits the release and utilization of stored body fat.
The nicotine found in tobacco stimulates epinephrine production in a similar manner."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home