Too cute!
and I love stovetop coffee:

Subscribe to my RSS Feed:

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Subscribe in NewsGator Online


Blog Directory

Blogroll:

Blogroll Me!

 

 

Friday, March 24, 2006

Home Espresso Woes

Being cold, I want more coffee... but it took me three goes to pour a good espresso this morning. There's been a drastic change in the weather lately. On monday it was air-con weather - today it's cold, rainy and I'm all rugged
up! The weather air is quite humid - I don't know if that is affecting the grind. I had to crank the dial up much coarser than usual. Such a waste of coffee. The first two attempts didn't even manage to squeeze any juice into my cup *sigh*.

Actually, its one of the things about espresso that has really surprised me... just how much a coffee grinders grind varies with the weather and day to day. I attended an espresso course earlier this year. I learned that its normal to change the grind 50 times a day in an espresso bar! Add to that the fact that they dial-in the grind with a few test-shots every morning. We home espresso makers don't have the luxury of that... even with home roasted beans, it's still too expensive to throw all that coffee away.

Tags:   

1 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

I feel your pain! We had rain in the desert today and I'm just drinking what dribbled out of the portafilter.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home