Too cute!
and I love stovetop coffee:

Subscribe to my RSS Feed:

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Subscribe in NewsGator Online


Blog Directory

Blogroll:

Blogroll Me!

 

 

Monday, August 18, 2008

What's the difference between Fluid Bed and Drum Home Coffee Roasters?

As you know, I personally still use a popcorn popper for my home coffee roasting. Basically because it's cheap and it works. Trouble is I'm become less and less satisfied with the whole thing. Sometimes my beans come out very patchy looking - very uneven... and it's sooooo affected by the weather. Very unpredictable.

And so I'm toying with the idea of getting one of those speccy purpose built home coffee roasters. As far as price goes, I think I'd have to go for a fluid bed home coffee roaster - which works on the same principal as a popcorn popper really - but has the added advantage that I'd be able to keep it in the kitchen (I think) and not go out to the garage for every roast.

Otherwise, I could save up and get a drum roaster. That would just be awesome. Maybe I'll follow the path of thousands of home coffee roasters before me... start out with a fluid bed such as an IRoast2 and then progress to a drum roaster when I can stand the temptation any longer. Hmmmmm... we'll see.

For now, I'd better attend to my crying 1yo who just hit his head on my desk for the third time... I'd rather be writing.

Tags:   

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home