Too cute!
and I love stovetop coffee:

Subscribe to my RSS Feed:

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Subscribe in NewsGator Online


Blog Directory

Blogroll:

Blogroll Me!

 

 

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Frothing milk for your coffee... ice it up?

I've spent a bit of time reading through the excecllent Espresso MiniFAQ that I mentioned yesterday. In the article, Mark Prince comments about the use of cold milk.

I actually store my milk jug in the fridge so that the milk is poured into the cold vessel... meaning it doesn't warm up too quickly. I think the main reason I like to use the milk as cold as possible whilst frothing is that it buys you time. If you're a newbie, you need as much time as possible to stretch the milk before it starts to overheat. Starting with colder milk gives you this time. When I first started, I even iced up some milk in the freezer. Frothing this milk took 4-5 minutes (on my mid-range home machine). I found this a great help until I got the frothing down pat.

That said, once you start frothing every day, you quickly develop the skills to froth any kind of milk... no matter the temperature or the fat content.

Technorati tag =

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home